Along the way we visited a little shop in Covington. It really wasn't all that little. You see it's a one stop shopping kind of place. When we pulled into the parking lot, you could see greenhouse plants in the windows. I thought, we must be in the wrong place, but then looking through the door I saw this....
Quilts hung on the wall over the selection of boots. Interesting. It seems Patrick's has been a family run business for over 60 years. The guys run the feed and seed part of the store, while the gals run the fabric and quilt shop.
Here's the dividing area. This is where the day got interesting. I had already blown my wad of cash on material for Jacob's quilt, but I had Joseph with me and we discovered the handmade candy! Oh yeah! Chocolate covered nuts, divinity fudge, peppermint sticks, taffy, malted milk balls, etc. They even had a sale table. Now we are talking!
But the quilts...they were everywhere. Hung on the walls all around the shop. So many to take in.
This one in the middle is Joseph's favorite. Called Blowing in the Wind. I picked up the pattern and will add it to my "to do list."
More quilts, everywhere you look!
Fabric and fabric and more fabric. I loved this store and plan to bring the rest of my gang here soon. The guys can look at all the boots, seeds, dry beans, cheese, smoked meat, tools and I can look at fabric, fabric and fabric. Then we can meet in the candy aisle. Wouldn't that be "sweet!"

1 comment:
You are sooooo funny!
Mom
Post a Comment