Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's next?

Today I finished my strip club quilt top. I will post a picture of that tomorrow, but now on to the next project.

When I started this new "hobby", the boys all wanted me to make a quilt for each of them. Being the kind of mom that I am, I responded with a honey coated "of course." Then the matter of who would be first. Do I chose Jacob since he's the oldest, but then he gets everything first. Do I chose Jonny, the youngest. According to the older boys, he gets EVERYTHING he wants! Do I chose Joseph, the middle one, who feels like well... like he's stuck in the middle.

We decided to do it the American way. We put all the names in a hat and had Mark draw one. The winner was Jacob. That being said here's the fabric he has chosen for his quilt.

Red, white and blue with some grey and brown thrown in. This has a folk art look to it. Jacob was emphatic that there be no flowers in his quilt. NONE. It's very hard to find coordinating fabric that lacks flowers. Let me tell you. We searched 8 quilt shops last weekend and came back to this.





Jacob saw this used in a quilt from my home shop and loved it. We decided on a simple "Turn Twenty" pattern that shouldn't take me too long.

Between you and me, I think Jacob stacked the deck. I can't prove it, but he just "knew" he would win. Makes one wonder.

1 comment:

crispy said...

That will be a great combo. Good choice.