Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Theater

I don't typically write a lot about our homeschool day and I should. There is so much more that we do than just read textbooks and algebra. Today for instance our homeschool group headed up to Clayton State University to take in a little culture in the form of Irish music by a group named "Music in the Glen."
Here we are. Some of us were more excited than others. Mr. Jonny is all decked out in jeans, blazer, t-shirt and crocs. I'm thinking he's got the Don Johnson, Miami Vice thing going on.

Entrance to theater. We had to wait outside for our group to assemble. In total there were 70 from our homeschool group.

Afterwards. The boys loved it, although I think Jonny might have been a little bored. What was truly great were the musicians who not only explained the songs and dances, but also the instruments and some Irish history. Did you that "Danny Boy" is not considered an Irish song since it was written by an Englishman? Therefore it is not considered a proper pub song to request when visiting Ireland. Just wanted to help out any of you would might be headed to Ireland in the near future.

Such a ham. Too cool for school.


Did I mention that he was a ham. Gotta love a kid that stops to make faces while climbing the grand staircase under the chandelier.

1 comment:

crispy said...

YOu should blog more about schooling. I enjoy hearing about it?