Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cookie Time

Sunday afternoons. I just love Sunday afternoons. Today was a rare afternoon. We did not have services at church today because of the Nascar Race. Therefore, Jonny and I took some time to make cookies.

Over the years, all the boys have had the cookie bug. They want to make cookies with Mommy. It's a time that I cherish and at the same time I know that they are in it for the beaters!


Before we started, we had to grind some flour. Grinding flour is something that Cris turned me onto about two years ago, and even though I don't make bread as much as I used to, I still use the freshly milled flour in all my cooking.




Here's what whole wheat flour looks like when you grind it straight from the berry, and it is so much better for you. It helps to make the chocolate chip cookies "healthy". At least that is the lie I tell myself.




The dough is almost done. Another thing I do when making cookies is...I don't measure my flour. I go by texture. Weird, I know, but it works.

Today we made a double batch to Two Chip Cookies, sent part to the neighbors, part with Mark for the guys at Titan Steel in Tampa (I'm all about bribery) and part will be devoured by the boys by tomorrow afternoon!

1 comment:

crispy said...

Looks great. I got my mill out on Friday and made pizza. It felt like home again. =)