Saturday, May 9, 2009

Going back to last month, Jacob's Birthday

Something very special happened last month. Something I am still trying to get my head around. I have a teenager. Our Jacob is 13! It is so hard for me to believe that he is into the teenage years, and I am beginning to see his attitude towards things change. For the good. He has discovered the mall. He has discovered American Eagle Outfitters, the Gap and others. He is taking pride in how he looks headed out the door. It's all good changes.




In 10 days, he will head to New York City with Mark for a week of just "guy time." Time to talk, hang out and just be together. They have been planning this trip for about a year and will catch two games at the new Yankee stadium.



Because of this big occasion, I decided to give you the ABC's of Jacob....

A- absolute truth, it's a black and white world

B- Boy Scout

C- Caring soul

D- Disney World fanatic

E- Electric guitar playing

F- Fun loving

G- Game master, loves games

H- Helping hands

I- Inquisitive

J- Jesus follower

K- Kind heart

L- Loyal friend

M- Murray, man's best friend

N- Nobody's pushover

O- Outdoors, camping, cooking, hiking, biking

P- Pedal power, bike riding

Q- Quiet spirit

R- Roller coaster lover

S- Sweet Tooth

T- Top of the Heap

U- Understanding

V- Volunteers

W- Web surfing

X- X-rays for the broken arm

Y- YANKEES

Z- Zeal for life

Just a few things that we LOVE about Jacob! Happy Birthday Big Guy! You make being parents easy, thanks for being the person that you are!

2 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Your men need to go to the Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien in Manhattan. Check out the link below for details. It's a great place for guys. We went there and loved it.
http://www.parkermeridien.com/NY%20Daily%20News%20-%20Eats%20-%20Burger%20Joint%20at%20Le%20Parker%20Meridien.htm

crispy said...

Happy Birthday Jacob. What a neat list of wonderful attributes.