Friday, December 19, 2008

Update

It's the Friday before Christmas and I thought everyone might need an update.


* I have about 25% of the Christmas shopping done.


* We are down to two chickens now (thanks to some critter that stole three during the night)


* We are getting ten new chicks on Saturday (watch~ all of these will live)


* Mark is on vacation until the first of the year. By vacation I mean he will only be doing one run each week.


* I am on vacation until the first of the year. True vacation. I won't see the hospital until 1/1/09.


* We are still searching for a church.

* The weather here has become warm- yuck! Looking forward to cold weather on Christmas.

* My new quilt is about 75% done. By this I mean the quilt top- the actually quilting part will have to wait until I can use the long arm quilter at the quilt store.

* Joseph joined Boy Scouts this week. Even though he didn't want to admit it, he was excited.

* Jonny is learning to read~ I'm keeping it slow and relaxed.

* I have about 10 projects I want to complete before we start back to school in Jan.

* This year we are planning to ALL go together to pick out the boys yearly ornaments. Mark realizes that this will involve a trip to the mall.

* We are looking forward to a Christmas at home this year~ 2005 we were on a cruise, 2006 we were in Ohio, 2007 we were moving (actually left the house on the 28th).

* I didn't send out Christmas cards this year and I'm okay with it.

* I love the Christmas "classics" that are on this time of year: Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation and of course Elf. Who knew a grown man in tights could be so funny.

* I wish the part of "A Night Before Christmas" about the "long winters nap" would happen to me.

* I'll be ready when Guitar Hero goes out of style- I can only handle so much Aerosmith!

* I'm glad that Mark has his "Soccer Fraternity" buds- they are the brothers he never had.

That's about it...I'll post pictures of the new chicks and the great baking extravaganza tomorrow.

1 comment:

crispy said...

I remember you guys moving last year and how hard it is to create the christmasy feeling in the chaos of the house.

We did it this year. And if it weren't for the kids, I would not have gotten a tree.