Finally for his birthday we decided to surprise him. On Thursday we gave him a book entitled "Living with Chickens". The light bulb went on. "Does this mean we are getting chickens?" he asked quite excitedly. To quote Sara Palin, "You betcha".
Today we picked them up and luckily missed all the SEC traffic (thanks for the heads up Ali).
Let me show you our new "Backyard Flock"

In no particular order- Here are Tom, Jerry, Larry, Moe, Curly and Jim.
Are you confused? Did we purchase 6 roosters? Nope. Remember this is a house full of men and they couldn't think of any "girly" names they liked.
I believe this is Jim, only Joseph knows for sure.
Maybe this is Jim. All I know is that Tom and Jerry have light colored feathers on their heads.
Joseph's little flock. Hello little chickens. The hens are 4 weeks old and of course I'll post pictures as they grow. Those of you that know and love us well, also know that we have a tendency to meet the most unusual people. Here's a for instance. I found the chickens on Craig's List. I talked with the man who raises the chickens and he was soo nice on the phone. We scheduled the pick up for today. Yesterday, while I was at work, I got a voice mail. It seems there is a chicken rescue that he will be heading up on Saturday. Now, let me just ask this...WHAT is a CHICKEN RESCUE?
Really? Any ideas? Then I checked out the man's website and found that he calls himself the "Chicken Whisperer". Only me, only in Georgia.

1 comment:
OH....I am so jealous. They are too cute. I can't wait to see them grow and change and watch you scramble their eggs.=)
Love it. And I can't wait to hear more about the chicken whisperer.
Post a Comment