Thinking back on 2008 yesterday and last night, we were discussing how our lives have changed.
On this day last year, we moved our in family into the camper and set up shop here in Georgia. Not knowing if the house in FL would sell. Not knowing if the house in GA would go through. Not knowing how long we would be "living" in the camper. Not knowing if my new hospital would be do-able. Not knowing if Mark would get enough work. Leaving behind good friends and a great church. Leaving behind all our worldly possessions. Making it work in 300 square feet of living space with three kids, two dogs and freezing weather. (It snowed our second day here).
I never would have guessed another move, this one a major move. I never would have seen us living in the country again. This sparked the boys and give Mark and I a top ten list of things that have occurred this year.
So in no particular order and to quote the great David Letterman..."from the home office....Here's tonight's Top Ten List for the Standridge's in 2008"...
10. One word...Go-Karts
9. Terrific Boy Scout troop
8. 12 new additions to the family...chickens
7. Traveling to Tybee Island, Ohio and North Carolina
6. New neighbors
5. The tractor
4. Our business surviving during the fuel crisis
3. The Ocala house renting
2. Being home...just being home.
1. Georgia...the new house, the seasons, the country
That's from the boys perspective...as for Mark and I, we couldn't agree more. I will add that everyone has had a healthy year...no broken bones or stitches. It is still a privilege to keep the boys home and homeschooling.
Here's to another one in the books...who knows what 2009 will bring, but I can tell you this...it does NOT involve another move!!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

3 comments:
Does this mean i can INK you guys in my address book.....been keeping your address on scrapes of paper........Happy New Year....Love, Mom
Very fun list. And very Letterman like.
Here's to seeing you in 09.
Hey...I was signed in as Chuck. SO sorry. That was me last time.
Post a Comment