Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions...not me

I'm not a big New Year's Resolution fan. Usually these involve something that we struggle with all year and then the magical day of January 1st rolls around and we "decide" to do something about it. To me it's like saying...I'm starting my diet on Monday. I'm just not into it.

New Year's Eve we had the neighbors over for delicious and way too much food combined with the Wii (think five boys and two grown men), and we started discussing our "resolutions." I was so glad to hear that they, like me are more into goal setting. I love a goal. Something I can write down and then cross off when it's completed. Goals...maybe that's why I married a soccer player...just a thought.

Back on subject...what are some goals you have for this new year? Here's mine...just keeping it real...
*reading. The Bible in chronological order. I've read through it many times, but not "in order".
*scheduling. If you know me, you understand.
*landscaping. I WILL get things planted in front of the house by spring.
*painting. The porch, master bed and bath.
*traveling. Plan to visit the mouse again this year as well as some quick trips within a days drive
*family. Getting together more often, not just holidays or annually.
*exercise. Need I say more.
*diet. See above.
*friends. Show myself friendly...get out and greet. Not my strong suit.

Those are the goals. I could add more, but this should last me until March at least!

2 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Did you set a quilting goal for this year?...............Mom

Christy said...

Yes, I will be posting on that tomorrow, but let me say that the long arm class is next week!