Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quilts, quilts and more quilts

Here's another of my "New Year's Goals"

I want to make quilts for as many of my family members as possible. Crazy, I know, but I just love the process. It fits right into my whole list making personality.
1. Decide on the pattern to make
2. Choose fabric
3. Cut the fabric
4. Assemble the blocks
5. Assemble the rows
6. Boarders

And the list goes on. But I love it. Here's my first two quilt tops this year!


This one is for our room, although we will never be able to sit on it or use it! Actually started this in December and finished right after Christmas.


I was worried that it wouldn't be big enough, but it just kept growing. So big that it will barely fit on the long arm machine frames.
February's Strip Club Quilt. This was a hard one for me, as there is NO PINK anywhere in my life. I once had a pink shirt and the boys complained...not really...but they would have if thought it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I struggled with the colors and then of course...WHO can I send this to?!?
After I finished the top, I had an idea. So someone near and dear to me will be getting this in the next month or so. For something this PINK has to reside in a house of pink. (Remember the older boys were willing to leave our third child at the hospital if it was a girl).

And because Mom said so...don't forget the back.
Here's the back of the Pink, girlie quilt. This fabric I love and the boys like the checkerboard pattern...of course they would.

Now on Monday I'm off to the quilt shop to take the long arm quilter class. Can't wait to figure out that horribly expensive machine and get these babies finished!

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for always (?) doing what "Mom says".......luv ya, Mom

5Gustos said...

I just discovered your blog. I'm excited for you about learning how to long arm quilt. I am thinking about doing the same. I also homeschool, quilt, and am a nurse. We have a lot in common. :) Oh, I saw you on Peterspeapod. Glad to meet you.

Chuck Peters said...

Um...I want to be family...make me one too. =)

crispy said...

AHHH...I did it again. So let's just say any comment from Chuck OR Cris is from me.