I've been taking a class at church on Wednesday nights. The premises is to find our personality types, gifts, passions and see where we can best serve in the church. To some degree I already knew these answers, but to another degree it has helped me make sense of why I'm drawn to certain things. For instance, I have never liked teaching (in a classroom setting), but I like to work one-on-one. How true is this in my life. I work with the boys everyday and I teach women about the birth process. I like to be behind the scenes. I'm a planner. I like to make sure we have everything we need for a party or event. I like to make lists (even though I don't always accomplish those things).
It's good to look in the mirror sometimes and see who you really are. Why do I do the things I do, or feel/ react the way I do?
It has also brought to light why Mark and I can clash. Not only are we both first-borns, but we both have choleric personalities (although his is stronger that mine). If you've never done a study like this I'd encourage it. Another great study is birth order.
On a silly note. Happy Birthday to me! I don't know why I'm celebrating, I'm getting soo close to 40. BTW loved the Monkey gram! You know who you are!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

1 comment:
The class you are taking sounds so cool. I love seeing who I am and the values that I have and how it drives me to do things.
BTW...hApPy BiRiThDaY to you my friend.
Post a Comment