Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Under the Oak Tree

Our new house is blessed with many trees. We have pecan, oak, pines and some that I'm not quite sure of. At one point all this land was a pecan grove and cow pasture. The farmers allowed bushes to grow around the base of the trees to keep the cows away. These bushes worked well because they are full of thorns! We have started clearing out around the trees and what a difference. It's beginning to look more yard and not a pasture. The best part is Jonny and I have discovered a little hide-away. There a spot in the front yard where an oak, pecan and baby pine come together to create an area that is completely shaded with a canopy of branches. We have started carrying out blankets, pillow and our favorite books. What a sweet time. Once again, I sit back amazed at this beautiful home we have been given.

2 comments:

crispy said...

Post a picture. I am sure it is magical.

I agree, God gave you the perfect place for you family.

junglemama said...

This sounds like a beautiful place. Please post a picture.