Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update on Georgia Living

It has been a week since we closed on the house in GA. Whew! Let me give you a quick recap and I'll send pictures later as I'm still waiting to hook up my DSL.
Tuesday- closed on house, started ripping out all of the carpet and vinyl- spend night in camper in driveway
Wednesday- finished the floor prep, flooring people started on bathrooms, drove to Atlanta to rent a car for drive south
Thursday- drove to Ocala, met with new realtor, relisted house in Ocala, returned rental to Orlando airport, picked up Mercedes
Friday- picked up first moving truck, loaded it, picked up second moving truck and car carrier, loaded all those by 7pm, headed to dinner, hood on Mercedes broke, smashed windshield, returned home, ordered pizza, collapsed
Saturday- picked up trailer to haul behind moving truck, EVERYTHING loaded, cleaned house, yard work, said goodbye to neighbors, drove to Griffin, arrived about 9:30pm, collapsed
Sunday- unloaded ALL trucks and returned them, grocery shopping, mowed lawn (about 1/2 acre only), met neighbors, ordered pizza, set up beds (4), cleaned bathrooms, picked up my car from Atlanta airport
Monday-replaced dishwasher and one of the toilets, hooked up washer and dryer, mowed more "lawn", started on the mountain of boxes in the dining room, met with DireTV installer, set up boys new Wii, beat Jacob at bowling
Tuesday- took Mark to airport, met with a/c guy, quick shopping trip (shower curtains), boys back to school, finished about 2/3 of box mountain, cooked dinner and ate in dining room :) everyone bathed and ready for bed by 7:30!

Now it's Mommy time! I'll be better about blogging now that I have found my office :). Promise pictures soon.

1 comment:

crispy said...

My head is spinning after reading all of that. And I didn't have to live it.

Let's talk soon.

Thanks for encouraging me to do the Precepts. The kids love it. I love it and I am being fed.

((hugs))