During this packing process, I have discovered several little treasures. This weekend I decided it was time to tackle the master bedroom in particular our bedside tables. Since each side of the bed had one and each one has six drawers, I couldn't believe the things I've stuffed away in there: hospital scrubs (from 3 different facilities)
5 completed cross-stitch pieces (some 15 years old)
books- how to ones and nursing manuals for CEUs
all kinds of misc socks
jewelry
pictures of the kids
All of that was only on my side. The best thing I came across was a journal. I seemed to have stopped writing in it last year. It's always one of my New Year's resolutions. I always want to journal more. I really to love sitting down and capturing my thoughts, what's going on in our lives, and my hopes/ dreams/ concerns for this family. It was funny to sit down and read through it. I read parts to Mark; when we were first starting this trucking business. The sleepless nights we had over that! Jonny rolling over for the first time. Leaving the house in Loxahatchee and moving to Gainesville. So many emotions and concerns and look at how we've come full circle. I left that journal out of the packing boxes and started writing in it again this week. The big boys don't understand how I can write for "fun", but one day when I'm gone or maybe just out of my mind- they can have this as a memory- and I can have the last word. Writing is fun!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment