We are HOME!
Well, we are home and leaving again. Packing up, one more time, and heading to the Georgia mountains to visit more grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
But, last night....
Last night was orientation for the His Master's Voice. This is the band/orchestra that Joseph played with last year. He is headed back. Here's the funny part.
I was trying to convince him to try out for the advanced band. He was too worried about rejection, not being ready. So, I let it drop. Then last night, his director, Mr. Wolfe, tells Joe, "Here's what I'm thinking. I'd like to see you in both advanced and intermediate. If you leave intermediate, I will be without precussion, but I'd like to see you move up to advanced."
All Joseph could do was nod. No audition required. Problem settled.
The next table had the director for the Jazz Band. Jacob started talking with Mr. Wallace, and come to find out, they need a guitar player. With all his experience, it was a done deal.
2 boys, 5 different bands.
Now it looks like I will be spending my Mondays at homeschool band, Tuesdays at lessons, Wednesdays at youth praise band, and Sundays at student band.
I REALLY am a ROADIE!!!!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment