Since moving to Georgia I have discovered
this wonderful thing called
Shop Hop.
It's one weekend that all the Atlanta area
quilt shops roll out their very best.
Each shop has a theme, special deals, give aways
and
incredible quilts on display.
Last year my mom and grandmother came down
from the mountain,
and we did the rounds.
This year was to be the same!
We jumped into the Thimble Mobile!
Seriously- can you believe this???
I car cover made from a quilt.
I, for one, think this is taking your hobby to the extreme.
But to the gals from Red Hen Quilt Shop in Marietta
it's just another day on the job.
Gotta love it!
Here's Tiny Stitches (Marietta)
the theme was "At the Movies"
now what sweet, southern gal doesn't have a
Scarlet O'Hara quilt-
I'm making mine- tomorrow.
At least "I'll think about it tomorrow"
(Since I can't use the "I don't know nothin' about birthin' babies" line)
Sweet Home Quilt Shop (Conyers)
Mom's Apple Pie
the boys were with me this day
and it was all I could do to keep them from
inspecting the pie- to see if it was real.
In Town Quilters (Decatur)
This shop has tons of unique fabrics, oriental,
big bold prints.
Their theme was Folkart
and had an adorable chicken quilt
I will post it later.
Georgia Sewing and Quilting (Buford)
Mark Twain
and he was there to greet us at the door!
Heritage Quilt Shop (Newnan)
Here is where I could spend the boys college fund
Loads of Civil War, traditional fabrics
on the downtown square.
Best part was.....
Panera Bread was right around the corner!
Bring on the French Onion in a Sourdough bowl!
Of course, there were more shops
so many more!
Had to stop at my home shop
A Scarlet Thread
twice!
Now, I am completely overloaded with ideas
and projects, but that's the fun part!
and spending time with the gals from NC
wasn't bad either!
Thanks mom and mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment