While I was making that last trip to the grocery
on Christmas Eve
Jonny called to remind me that
we needed cookies for Santa.
Lucky for me
I had some of these sitting around
Check
Now Santa also needed
Chocolate Milk
(because that's Jonny's favorite)
2am
Jacob is up
wandering the halls
3:30am
Jacob is up
reading a book
in the upstairs hallway
5:30am
Jacob cannot wait any longer
He is downstairs
and has dragged all the brothers with him
Jonny is not happy about this announcement
Jonny is like his mother
Sleep
Not a morning person
especially at 5:30am
Finally after two cups of coffee
Jonny is awake...
wait...
I think that was Mark!
Finally, Jonny is awake
but not in the picture taking mood
nevertheless
he is ready to get this party going.
But first...
Let's take a moment
and reflect
Luke 2
"Unto us a child is born"
The big boys shared in reading this year
It was cool
we didn't remind or coax them
they just got their Bibles and went for it.
Amen
now please pass the plate
I mean present!

No comments:
Post a Comment