Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer's Here

School is over and we are ready to enjoy summer! These last couple of days remind me of when I was in school. The end of year parties, awards and the final days when there wasn't really any learning accomplished but lots of fun.

As I reflect on summer, some questions come to mind?
- Why do we put off the "big" projects for summer? You know the old- I'll catch-up on the scrapbooks/ photo albums, paint the whatever room, clean out the closet, go thru the boxes we haven't finished unpacking, etc.

-Why is it that at the end of school we seem to have so much time, but come mid-June, you realize that it is almost over.

-Why do we save the outdoor projects for when it's the hottest, the blistering heat of summer is when we decide to finish the back porch, redo the flower beds.

-Why do we schedule so much "fun" into the summer? Between the boys I'm facing 3 weeks of overnight camp and a week of VBS; not to mention Jacob's many day trips with the youth group (Braves games, Stone Mountain, Dixieland) as well as a overnight trip to NC to white water.

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it all. It seems we are just a busy during the "off months" as we are during the school year. So, let me catch my breath and start writing names on labels, because while they are away at camp I can either soak in the tub or attack my list- remember the scrapbooks and closets?

Happy Summer to All and to All a Good Time!

1 comment:

crispy said...

You made me laugh...your observations are almost Seinfeld like. I don't know why we wait ~ but we do.

And notice the moment summer starts, the "back to school sales" begin and the summer is over. UGH.