Saturday, October 4, 2008

Toto, We are not in Disney...

We are Disney people. We love Disney. We are passholders. We have visited so many times that the boys know the "secrets". They know which rides to hit when, where to eat and how to avoid the crowds. We can do Disney.

But- now we live in Georgia. There is no Disney here. Here they have something called Six Flags. No Mickey Mouse. No Buzz Lightyear. No magic castle. But only thing Six Flags has that Disney doesn't is in a word- ROLLER COASTERS.

We have reached to age of the roller coaster. The age where we want to scream our fool heads off and try to keep our lunch down. We want to do 4G's upside down. When I say we I mean the big boys. Jonny and I prefer something a little slower. Something like It's A Small World. Though there is no small world at Six Flags. Everywhere you look there's another roller coaster.

Since moving it has been on our list of things we want to do. We have had a desire, but no time. However all of that changed when our neighbors came over the other night with free tickets. FREE! Now we have time. Now we can make it happen.

We loaded up the gang and headed out.















Joseph and one of our family members. My side I think.













Jonny on career day. I mean, Jonny
riding something that doesn't have
any G's.












Even in a theme park Mark likes
to be chauffeured.













Gotham City. Does this sound safe?













Somewhere on this ride are three of my
favorite people.

One of the things I enjoy about all these roller coasters is
looking at all the things that fall into the safety nets under
the coasters. Cell phones, sunglasses, hats. But here's the
question- car keys? How does one drive home? Or how about
the flip flop. Just one. Hmm. Things to ponder.

3 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Quilt stores......yes, quilt stores are my pace...well, maybe high rear on the sewing machine!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Gear....i ment gear...not rear...it was late....sorry!

crispy said...

Fun!!! Not Disney, but fun. I grew up going to Six Flags in IL. Perfect place for teenagers.