Thursday, October 16, 2008

Really...It's Time.

Time to air out the thoughts running around in my head, and since the camera is once again in the shop, (don't ask) I don't have any new pictures of the boys to share.

First the election...Can I just say that I have had it up to here with this whole election. I realize that we live in a country where this is such a privilege. Don't get me wrong, I AM proud to be an American, ALL of my adult life. (Couldn't help myself) Here's the point, we have been at this for soo long, that I just want it over. I'm tired of hearing about it. Tired of people (especially the news media) spending hours and hours commentating about this or that. Tired of groups trying to do illegal things to help their candidate. Tired of seeing Sarah Palin degraded by political cartoonists. No one ever penned a picture of Hillary in a bathing suit, even though I understand why. Let November come, please.

Reality TV...I have a few reality shows that I enjoy. Really only one, Amazing Race. However, the other day as I was cruising through the family room there was Wife Swap on the tube. No one was watching it or even downstairs for that matter (another topic, another time). Here were two families that allowed the mom's to switch places. Here's the kicker. It seems to me that they find two polar opposites to do this. I guess that makes good TV. Do I really want someone else coming into my home to challenge our family establishment. Someone who's goal it is to change how we do things, to challenge the things that are important to us and to cause nothing but havoc. Really? I just don't get it.

Tampa Devil Rays...baseball. Baseball is a favorite in this house. We are a divided AL home. Mark has his Indians, for which we all grieve. Jacob has his Yankees and well, it's the Yankees. Joseph has the Red Sox, not sure why, but he loves them. Since we lived in FL for so long, we would head over for spring training and games at Tropicana to see our favorite teams. We have been to MANY games at the Trop. There might be a couple of thousand people there. Maybe. It was an intimate atmosphere. Only time the Trop was filled was when the Yanks or Sox were in town. The upper decks were closed off. Tickets were about $8. It was good family fun. Now here's the question...Where did all these Tampa fans come from? NEVER in all the games I've attended have I seen this many fans. I guess when the home town team is in the playoffs you become a fan. Maybe that's it.

Fall weather...I love it. I love seeing the trees change. I love the cool mornings. I love having the windows open. I love seeing the deer crossing our property. I love that the air conditioning is off until May. I love sitting on the porch in the evening with a cup of tea and a sweatshirt. Thanks for fall.

A year ago...we put in our first offer on this house and I applied for a job at the hospital up here, forgot about the license. Then I mailed in the forms and forgot the check. It's a wonder.

Dave Ramsey...WOW! I have discovered Dave Ramsey and all I can say is if you haven't read his book, please do. It's changing our lives and our kids lives as well. How freeing it is to live cash only. It CAN be done. I'll keep you posted on this.

Children...once again I am amazed at this world. Why don't teenagers have infertility problems? If they did I might be out of work, but really where are the parents? Being a grandma or nana at my age isn't cute. I know too many people who have struggled with infertility and then I see these kids having kids and it makes me ill. Just don't understand it.

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

crispy said...

Thanks for sharing...I am listening. As for your thoughts...I am tired of the election too. And the tainted media. It is hard to watch Palin degraded so often...Media is so liberal.

As for the teenage pregnancy...pretty sad. I have often wondered the same thing about infertility.

Wish I were there with you to enjoy those fall colors. I bet they are fantastic.

crispy said...

I was thinking that I had one more comment and I couldn't remember it...it came to me as I was power washing the drive.

The whole idea of that wife swap thing was well stated in your post. I find the whole thing so crazy. Like you said, to invite someone into your home and challenge your values. Hate it. I don't think I have ever watched a show, just clips.