Thursday, November 22, 2007

Things to be Thankful for....

Reflecting back...I love to think back on the blessings that have occurred throughout the year. It's in the quiet times and the trying times that I am reminded about all the good things, the little things we take for granted.
-Family, no matter what, having someone to call and wish Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Right now we are a little spread out, but we are coming north.
-My wonderful husband, who drives (literally) around this country to make sure we have everything we "need". We are never without food, clothes, a/c, etc. He is out biggest fan, the boys playmate, and my best friend. I'm at a loss, but he's just the best.
-Boys- maybe girls would have been nice, but I LOVE these boys. I love their stinky, sweating bodies after playing neighborhood football. I love standing next to them with our arms around each other, singing in church. I love that they are big enough to steal my Crocs. I love to see them "get it" during school lessons. I love that they are boys thru and thru. I'm so thankful for their health. My heart goes out to parents that are in hospitals today with kids that have chronic illness- but for the grace of God that could be us.
-Work- Every night we give thanks for a 98 Freightliner that keeps running. I'm thankful that whenever Mark has had a break down he's always been within a stone's throw of help. I know God does that! We are thankful for a mechanic that takes care of Mark's truck like his own.
-Friends, near and far- We love all of you guys. We miss many of you and look forward to seeing some in the near future. Special thanks to the Ehly's for giving us their bed this week and spoiling our boys. Special prayers for our friend Leo today who is battling cancer. We'll be up to see you when we get back.
-The blessings we have as free Americans. Thanks to all of those who have and are keeping that freedom...free. We are a blessed nation and I am a blessed mom.

So, a little lengthy, but I have so much to be Thankful for. We love you all!!!

No comments: