Remember when you were a kid
and it was your birthday.
It was a special day.
It was YOUR day.
You made plans, had parties.
What happens as we get older.
It almost becomes
just another day.
Here's my birth-day, for the last 24 hours.
- At midnight, I was at work, delivering babies
- Received texts from friends who were pulling an all-nighter.
- 2am eating cake with co-workers (a cake that I brought with me- LOL)
- 3:30am was catching a fainting father- who didn't realize, blood made him queasy!
- 6am welcomed another newborn into this world.
- 7:30am finishing up paperwork regarding above mention fainting father and heading home
- 8am chasing chicken out of neighbor's yard with Mark's help, of course
- 8:30 watering plants and checking on the baby birds in Joseph's birdhouse
- 9am chasing Mark and Jonny out of my room, so I can sleep
- 12pm up, showered and headed to Jacob's banjo recital
- 1pm emergency trip to Starbucks for CAFFEINE!!!!
- 3:30pm finally listen to last oboe, trombone, flute, piano, guitar, drum, clarinet, tuba player
- 4:30pm home, finish Mark's invoices for the week
- 7pm Outlaws, local steak place with my four favorite guys, run into some friends, must stand and chat
- 9pm - one word CAKE!!
- 11pm- oh no- second wind hits, body thinks it's time for another night shift, must fight this feeling
- 12am- SLEEP!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I would do it all over again.
Because, when you boil it all down, I spent the day with the important people in my life, family and friends and Starbucks!

No comments:
Post a Comment