
Every year as part of our homeschool program, we encourage, or maybe I should say require, our boys to participate in sports. Over the years we have played soccer, basketball and baseball. They seem to have stuck with baseball. It's great to see them in a team sport and give it their all. This year we (Mark and I) had the brilliant idea to sign up all THREE boys. Jonny was so excited that he was finally old enough to play on a team like his brothers. Apparently, I wasn't thinking. Not at all. Now I have three boys, three teams, three sets of practices and games at
different times on different days. I really feel like the soccer mom, hauling kids all over the ballpark. However, I secretly wouldn't change a thing, except maybe the distance we drive to the ballpark.
Here's Jonny at his first game. He's playing coach pitch. After four pitches, if he doesn't get a hit, he gets to use the tee. His first hit...a home run. To the mid-outfield and then rolled to the fence.

Celebrating with Joseph in the dugout.

The big boys had their first games on Saturday. Unfortunately there are no pictures. Mark was solo. I was at the Yellow Daisy Festival, which I highly recommend. He did a great job getting all the boys to their prospective games. Jonny hit two more home runs, Joseph had a base hit and scored. Jacob had a walk, stole second and then was thrown out stealing third. Great start to the season. Pictures next time. I promise.

1 comment:
What is the yellow daisy festival? Sounds like something I would like.
Looks like the boys are always having fun with their sports.
Post a Comment