I love to homeschool. You have to in order to see it through, to not throw in the towel, or just let the days go by without really doing school. We started a new science and health program in January of this year. The boys had already flown through the first set of books on the solar system. At first they weren't really excited, but last month we studies trees, flowers and fruit. Now they are excited. We have started the seedlings and today we planted lily bulbs, blueberry, raspberry bushes and a grape bush. It was so fun to watch them talk about pollination and photosynthesis. Jacob was planting the bulb, and was telling me all about how to plant they. It's homeschool in action. It's seeing what they learn in a book and really applying it to life. It makes the "why do I have to know this" real. Now, they will see what happens. How the plants grow. This is why I homeschool.
2 comments:
I have always wanted berry bushes and a grape vine. I would love to come and see your new plantings.
We were out doing a letterbox the other day and it turned into a great chance to talk about animal tracks and the food chain. We saw coyote, bobcat, deer and maybe even bear tracks on our hike. We came home and researched our finds and learned about those animals.
Teaching in action. So glad they still have a love for learning.
Love it. I am so proud of you. (did my last comment on this ever get to you?)
Post a Comment