Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The "Honey-Do" List

As we prepare to sell the house, the "honey-do" list has become a black cloud over our heads. You know all those little projects that are put off until a rainy day. Well, it's pourin' now. One of those "when we get to it" items was replacing the sod where the camper once was stored. The boys had a "sod party" yesterday and today I have the laundry to prove it. As I was watching Mark and the boys lay sod yesterday, it dawned on me that I am no longer the "right hand". The boys have taken over the helper status. It's exciting to see them grow and be able to do these kind of jobs, to learn what manual labor is all about, but at the same time, I remember helping Mark lay sod at our little house in Royal Palm Beach, when the big guys were still in diapers. Even Jonny wasn't left out of the fun. So, as I sit back and watch them grow and be Mark's new "right hands", I'll take the pictures to remember the days when they wanted to help dad, and stay clean in the process.

1 comment:

crispy said...

So glad the blog is up and running. I love the thought that you are not the right hand. When they are growing up it's hard to step back and see the maturity from another perspective. I have missed Tally as my helper these past few days (she isn't feeling well). I didn't realize what huge a help she is.